Applying to HoK
We are delighted that you have decided to apply to HoK International School and welcome applications from students of all nationalities
House of Knowledge welcomes applications from students of all nationalities. We seek to offer education to all eligible students who identify with the school’s values and maintain a diverse student mix with regards to nationality, race, gender, religion and economic background. Our admissions policy is consistent with the mission of the school and responsive to the needs of the community, within the framework of educational effectiveness and available resources. Before being considered for admission, students must submit a completed application including the application fee and all documents. We will discard any incomplete applications after 30 days.
Requests for admission are accepted at any time of the year, subject to the capacity of intended grade levels and program requirements.
The application process is as follows:
Arrange a visit
Please prepare the following:
- A signed School withdrawal and refund policy
- Passport photo of child
- HoK school bus application form (if required)
- References and reports from previous schools/preschools attended and full contact
- Application fee of RMB2,000 (Non-refundable)
- Deposit: 15,000 RMB
Payment terms: Payment is made via bank transfer in RMB only
(Please see Withdrawal and Refund Policy for returning deposit)
Please note: Payment of registration fee and deposit must be paid directly at the Campus Manager’s office in cash or via bank transfer. Please provide us with a copy of your payment confirmation via email to email@example.com. (Scan of the receipt for cash payment and a screen shot for bank transfer are accepted).
Interview and Acceptance
Admissions decisions of acceptance are based on the holistic wellbeing of each child and class group.
We seek to maintain a community with a range of nationalities, languages, cultures, backgrounds among students and families who identify with our core values.
Completion of necessary forms
- A completed health form from a designated hospital
(completed no more than 3 months prior to the child’s first day of school)
- A completed medical record and authorization form
- Photocopy of the child’s medical insurance card or policy
- Photocopy of mother’s and child’s passports
- Passport-size photograph of the parents
- Direct billing information form (if required)
- Health Record (Beijing HuKou – Chinese passport holders only)
Preparation for Kindergarten/Elementary
You will also receive e-mail from child’s lead teacher detailing what you need to prepare before the the first day of school.